Cross-domain restriction error when trying to publish a form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cross-domain restriction error when trying to publish a form

Last post 01-16-2015 02:38 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2015 12:52 PM

Cross-domain restriction error when trying to publish a form

I installed a trial of DBXL 2.9 on a dev farm.  The farm consists of a SharePoint 2013 server and a SQL 2012 server.  I created a separate site in IIS, and pointed the installer at the SQL server, and I am able to open the DBXL Admin Tool just fine.

I decided to use the Expense Report sample form for testing purposes, so I opened the form in InfoPath Designer, and published it to an existing site on the SharePoint server.  I looked at the Data Connections in the form, and the DBXL Submit connection points to http://qdabratest/QdabraWebService/DbxlDocumentServiceEx.asmx?WSDL (qdabratest is the IIS site I created), and the SharePoint Library Submit connection points to http://internaldev:20131/ExpenseReportEventREceiver (the SharePoint site and document library). 

I wanted to see if the form was working correctly with SharePoint before I went down the path of configuring it to write to SQL, so I opened a new form from the forms library, entered some data, and hit Submit.  I am receiving the following error:

The form cannot be submitted because this action would violate cross-domain restrictions.

If this form template is published to a SharePoint document library, cross-domain access for user form templates must be enabled under InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint Central Administration, and the data connection settings must be stored in a UDC file in a data connection library in the same site collection.

If this is an administrator-approved form template, the security level of the form must be set to full trust, or the data connection settings must be stored in a UDC file by using the Manage data connection files option under InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint Central Administration

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server. Log ID:5758

I tried saving the connection file to a Data Connections Library on the same SharePoint site, but I still get the same error.  I confirmed that cross-domain was enabled in the InfoPath Service Application in Central Admin.

Is there something else I need to configure before I am able to submit to a SharePoint library?

• 01-16-2015 02:08 PM In reply to

Re: Cross-domain restriction error when trying to publish a form

Silly question - but you republished the form after changing the data connections to UDCX, right? Do you have access to the SharePoint logs? Sometimes the info there is more detailed than what makes it back to the browser....

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-16-2015 02:33 PM In reply to

I deleted the connectio file, deleted the connection on the form, created a new one, published, and now all is good :) 

I want to test publishing back to SQL now.  Since I changed the form, do I need to attach the new copy to the DBXL Admin tool?

• 01-16-2015 02:38 PM In reply to

If you did not change the form schema, since you are opening the form from the library, you shouldn't have to attach your latest copy.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.