How to Customize the Form of New Document Uploading in Document Libraries ?? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to Customize the Form of New Document Uploading in Document Libraries ??

Last post 03-23-2019 09:55 PM by zakaria.botros. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2014 11:05 AM

• meysam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2014
    • Posts 3

How to Customize the Form of New Document Uploading in Document Libraries ??

Hi there

i'm new on sharepoint and it can be a simple question, but I tried to solve it with goggling but couldnt find solution..

When you are working with lists, there is an option to customize form in the ribbon. but the option is not available for Document Library !!   so do I have to use code for customizing form of uploading documents in library or we still can do it with infopath?

thanks

• 12-29-2014 09:18 AM In reply to

Re: How to Customize the Form of New Document Uploading in Document Libraries ??

Hello! It's not intuitive for document libraries. I prefer to first create a blank form in InfoPath and then publish it to a new document library. The library will then be created for you on your SharePoint site and to edit the form in InfoPath, you would navigate to Library Settings > Advanced settings and click on Edit Template, which will take you to your InfoPath form. The other way is to create your library in SharePoint first as you already have and then publish the InfoPath form to the existing document library. I've always found this method more confusing as I need to first make sure the default content type is a form. Hope this helps.
  • 12-29-2014 10:26 AM In reply to

• meysam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2014
    • Posts 3

Re: How to Customize the Form of New Document Uploading in Document Libraries ??

Thanks for reply

but I think these are two different things. you are talking about a form library I think. but in my issue, I have a Document Library for Autocad Files and only *.cad files will be uploaded inside this library and I dont need to change the template becouse I never use "New Document" from ribbon..

I just need to customize The form which is using when "I am uploading cad files and inserting metadata for each file... "

• 03-23-2019 09:55 PM In reply to

Did you find a solution?
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.