Submit user Full Name - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit user Full Name

Last post 12-20-2014 10:20 AM by trail100. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2014 01:35 PM

Submit user Full Name

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to and Infopath 2010 with Sharepoint 2010 integration.

I am having a problem, which I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me on:

I have created a form on InfoPath which has a submit button on,  within the Submit Options I have chosen the person username to be displayed as the file name when they click the Submit button by using the username() function with the formula.

Instead of the file name being the submitters username, I would like it to be the submitters Full Name in Sharepoint. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me step by step instructions on what to do achieve this.

Many thanks

• 12-19-2014 08:45 AM In reply to

This can be achieved using the GetUserProfileByName SOAP Web service. You can use the UserName() as the parameter for the query. If you are using claims authentication, you need to substring the username to isolate the domain/username only. There is a detailed description here: http://thinketg.com/using-infopath-and-the-web-service-getuserprofilebyname/ Thanks! Jesse
  • 12-20-2014 10:20 AM In reply to

Hi Jesse,

When a user submits the form on Sharepoint, will this show there full name as the File name.

Sorry as im very new to all this.

Thanks

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.