Auto populate not working in SP - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Auto populate not working in SP

Last post 12-19-2014 02:43 PM by jbrandenburg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2014 01:26 PM

• nraney
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2014
    • Austin, Texas
    • Posts 6

Auto populate not working in SP

No matter what method I use, I cannot get my form to auto populate the people picker once it has been published. I have tried simply forcing an accountID field, I've tried entering it in with the User Information List, and I have tried the getUserProfileByName method. ALL of these work in the preview mode of infopath (the people picker field changes from blank to the underlined preferred name). However, once I publish to SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013 (I've tried in both), the button I created for entering in the people picker subfields only makes the people picker blink away and back into the form.. It remains blank. I've been struggling with this for days. Can anyone help?
  • 12-01-2014 09:10 PM In reply to

• nraney
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2014
    • Austin, Texas
    • Posts 6

Re: Auto populate not working in SP

Update: I found out that it only affects the editifs.aspx view, not the newifs.
  • 12-19-2014 08:52 AM In reply to

I am having the exact same issue. It works perfectly when I create an item, but if I try to run the same rules from the same button, it does not accept the same values. I looked into the ULS logs and found these errors: Failed to get SPGroupName from GroupID. Error Message: Group cannot be found. Callstack: at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGroupCollection.GetByID(Int32 id) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.PeopleEditor.set_SharePointGroupID(Int32 value). In addition:The StateManager is disposing and calling ReleaseLockedStates() (Count=0). Any thoughts?
  • 12-19-2014 02:43 PM In reply to

Try doing the following - this oddly worked for me, but it is not a solution, hopefully a better way to narrow down the problem: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/3fb58f74-9cac-459a-acd2-f6f0dd48602d/infopath-populating-peoplegroup-field-works-on-create-but-not-on-edit?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious Thanks, Jesse
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.