The update cannot continue becasue you have several [Name of form] forms open. Please close all forms before continuing with the update - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The update cannot continue becasue you have several [Name of form] forms open. Please close all forms before continuing with the update

Last post 12-01-2014 04:12 AM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2014 09:12 AM

The update cannot continue becasue you have several [Name of form] forms open. Please close all forms before continuing with the update

We have been using SharePoint 2013 for a few months now and have just found an issue that we have not seen before.

- We have a template published to a library
    - the template was created in InfoPath 2007
    - the SharePoint library is v2007
    - users have been able to open the form in the past
    - we published a change to the form today
    - now when users open the form they are prompted to 'Save and Update form' as you would expect
    - when they try to do so they receive this message:

"The update cannot continue because you have several [Name of form] forms open. Please close all forms before continuing with the update"

- we have no forms open

I have found that clearing my cache out resolves the matter, but only until a change is made the to the template again. Then the same issue occurs.

The issue is happening with other forms as well now.

Have any of you seen this issue before? Do you know what the solution might be?

Thanks Darryl
  • 12-01-2014 04:12 AM In reply to

Re: The update cannot continue becasue you have several [Name of form] forms open. Please close all forms before continuing with the update

Hi Darryl,

We have not seen this issue before. I'm wondering if it isn't a service pack or something. Can you check and see if rolling back a recent SharePoint service pack doesn't resolve it? I know that sounds really bad, but we've seen service packs break things before.

Another idea: if you are not changing the main data source of the form, you can disable auto-update from within the InfoPath Designer.

Hope this helps a wee bit,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.