InfoPath as a web form to submit data to multiple lists - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath as a web form to submit data to multiple lists

Last post 10-17-2014 02:35 PM by rdoe777. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2014 12:39 PM

InfoPath as a web form to submit data to multiple lists

Hi, Recently, we purchased qRules so we can create a form that submits data to multiple lists in one of our SharePoint 2013 sites. I was going through "qRules Submit to SharePoint List User Guide" PDF file and was trying to create a form as a proof of concept, but I could not find any information on how and where to publish the form. So my questions are: 1. Is the form with qRules need to be published to one of the lists? If not, where does it need to be published and how? Is it going to be administrator approved form? 2. We want users to access the form in a subsite where the lists are located, preferable in a page. Is it possible to do? Thank you, RM
  • 10-17-2014 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath as a web form to submit data to multiple lists

Hi - SharePoint list forms can't contain code, so the can't be a list form (published to a list). You can publish qRules forms directly to a form library if you are using SharePoint 2010 or later, you are site collection admin, and the Sandbox code service is running on your server. Otherwise, you'll need to admin approve. If you check the User Guide that installs with qRules, there is a section on using qRules forms with InfoPath Forms Services that may help you.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-17-2014 02:09 PM In reply to

Hi Hillary, thanks for replying and for the information about publishing the form. It really helps. Looks like all the options are about publishing the form to a form library only to be used as a content type. If I remember correctly, the users will have to save the form in the form library. Is there a way to use the form in a page (possible in InfoPath form web part), so users can submit data like they would in a web form or InfoPath list form?
  • 10-17-2014 02:17 PM In reply to

You can publish the form directly to the library if you are a site collection admin and sandbox is enabled, as I said - I thought that was in the User Guide as well. Of course, you can also admin approve the form and use as a content type in a library. You can set up a SharePoint Submit connection in the form so it also submits to a form library. You should be able to use the form in an InfoPath web part without a problem - Are you running into issues when you try this?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-17-2014 02:35 PM In reply to

I think this works well for us when it's used in a form library as a content type, as long as it's not going to be save new forms as files in the form library for each "submit" action. I just need to experiment little more to be confident. I still have the issue with the web service permission from other thread not resolved. I hope we find the cause and the solution to it soon and see how qRules works in the end. Thanks for all the help!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.