Infopath 2010 Submit data connection - how to see service response? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2010 Submit data connection - how to see service response?

Last post 10-14-2014 01:48 PM by Carphunter. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2014 01:48 PM

Infopath 2010 Submit data connection - how to see service response?

I'm used to using IP to do forms for SharePoint, talking directly with lists and libraries.

Branching out now and having an IP form talk through a service.

I've done queries without incident, and if I don't have to "listen" to the service when the submit happens...i don't have issues.

But, while setting up a large submit for a large form with several sections, my service programmer wants to submit in separate parts, and the service will report back information for each part of the submit. I then need to include some of that response with the subsequent parts of the submit.

What I can't figure out in IP is how to reveal what is being revealed in the response from the service.

A simple diagram of what I want to happen

SUBMIT

SubmitPart1 -->

<--Service responds with an ID after SubmitPart1 is put into DB

SubmitPart2 (inc. ID) -->

SubmitPart3 (inc. ID) -->

Now, the programmer has told me that we could tell IP to set this up as a query service, and the service would just understand that it's still supposed to do a submit..but i would also get the "data" fields of a query connection...but before I go down that road, I'd rather know if IP can report what's coming back as code after the submit. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.