The form cannot be submitted because of an error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The form cannot be submitted because of an error

Last post 01-22-2015 11:09 PM by Shashank Nigade. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2014 12:23 PM

• ohmbru
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2013
    • Posts 3

I receive the following error when a list form is submitted (InfoPath 2010):

Click OK to resume filling out the form.  You may want to check your form data for errors.

Error Details:

The form cannot be submitted.
    Invalid file name.

The file name you specified could not be used. It may be the name of an existing file or directory, or you may not have permission to access the file.

A
    n entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.

Log ID:5567

Correlation ID:b7612727-1706-462b-a60a-b50982e6c262

I've verified all the data is correct.   When I reverted back to the Sharepoint default form there are no issues and the submission is successful.  As soon as I customize any part of the form in InfoPath it seems to become corrupted. 

Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

• 09-24-2014 06:29 PM In reply to

Re: The form cannot be submitted because of an error

Are you able to access the SharePoint logs and find the correlation id in the error message? There may be more info there. Did you customize the form much? What if you start with a new list and try to customize the form in IP and publish without really making any form changes - do you have the same issue?

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-25-2014 07:20 AM In reply to

• ohmbru
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2013
    • Posts 3

I have to get the IT folks to get the logs and they are not "user friendly." I'll keep trying on this front. The customization I did was mostly aesthetic and the form worked fine initially (2 months ago). Suddenly this warning showed up. In troubleshooting, I reverted to the SharePoint default form and then began customizing anew. The only customizing at this point is a single text box. The default form functions as expected but as soon as any customization is added it blows up. As an additional test, I reverted to the default form again and launched InfoPath via the Customize Form button, then published without any changes. Same message and result.
  • 01-22-2015 11:09 PM In reply to

Was there any solution found to this problem. i am facing same issue in one of my form
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.