Extracting Text from Form To List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Extracting Text from Form To List

Last post 09-24-2014 10:36 AM by RaYvA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2014 06:26 AM

Extracting Text from Form To List

I'll try to explain this as best I can. I just started with this organization. A user submits a form to SharePoint using InfoPath (both 2010). The form contains a repeating table section. There is a date field in the form that is not a promoted field. The organization doesn't want to promote the field. Can I get the date value out of the form and into SP or in Access in some way? If I had my preference, I would promote a hidden field that contains this date I'm looking for. Problem solved. Just trying to work within the limitations of the organization. Jef
  • 09-24-2014 10:36 AM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Re: Extracting Text from Form To List

You are unable to promote a repeating table so you cant get the dates from a repeating table that way, your best option is to push the date out into a separate list, it's your choice whether to link them back to the initiating form or not. Then you can report on the dates however you like. You will have to use SP web services to submit your date to the list.... Something similar to doing this is here: http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/26246/99173.aspx#99173

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.