OnAfterChange event rules causing infinite loop error. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

OnAfterChange event rules causing infinite loop error.

Last post 10-15-2014 03:36 AM by Rocco123. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2014 10:26 AM

OnAfterChange event rules causing infinite loop error.

An error occurred in the form's rules or code. The number of rule actions or the number of calls to the OnAfterChange event for a single update in the data exceeded the maximum limit. The rules or code may be causing an infinite loop. To prevent this, ensure that the rule action or event handler does not update the data which causes the same rule action or event handler to execute. I'm trying to use the Batch update method and a math problem to ensure that I have sequential & non-duplicated values as steps. Should I split rules out into other fields or should the three they're attached to be sufficient. The issue is ONLY with the "Add container" section, and is related to the renumberGroup and its contents. Everything else is submitting (New or Update batch methods) but I keep getting that rule when it needs to renumber... (Form loosely based on http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/26246.aspx for the loop triggers, which I clearly don't understand.) This will be a browser form. Thanks in advance!
  • 09-16-2014 07:14 AM In reply to

Re: OnAfterChange event rules causing infinite loop error.

I decided there was a chance the original file was corrupted & began to rebuild it. I think I have the rules tweaked properly, but I cannot get it to loop back through to continue the renumbering sequence after it completes the set of tasks. I used a ruleController field to set the conditions. I still don't understand why it's not restarting the loop when the conditions of mathCheck >0 and ruleController = 0 are met! Any ideas? The add sequence is working fabulously.
  • 09-24-2014 11:22 AM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

If you have a loop of rules that attempt to go deeper than 16 rule depths then your form will return that error.

It's OK we'll sort this out somehow!

Hopefully bwhite05 doesn't mind me saying this but

*I want to take this offline because it is extremely difficult and rather than confuse everyone with the workings it would be better to find the solution rather than to post every single message, eventually I hope we will have a solution that everyone can see what was done and how it was accomplished"

I will also post, in my own fashion a "how to" just in case anyone needs anything similar, assuming we find a solution.

OKAY?

• 09-24-2014 11:31 AM In reply to

Perfect & thank you :)
  • 10-15-2014 03:36 AM In reply to

is extremely difficult and rather than confuse everyone with the workings it would be better to find the solution rather than to post every single message, eventually I hope we will have a solution that everyone can see what was done and how it was accomplished"
    Kick
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.