Shrinking Dropdown list in InfoPath 2013 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Shrinking Dropdown list in InfoPath 2013

Last post 03-23-2015 06:34 AM by Dawndev. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2014 07:52 AM

Shrinking Dropdown list in InfoPath 2013

I am new to InfoPath and SharePoint 2013 but I am picking things up quickly and really enjoy the flexibility of the platform. I am however stuck trying to get a Shrinking list filter to work on my dropdown list in a repeating table. I am trying to follow this example here but just can't get it to work. My data source for the dropdown list is a SharePoint List. I only pull in ID and Title from the SharePoint list. The value and display for the drop down is Title for both. Is there something different with 2013 version of InfoPath?

• 07-16-2014 09:15 AM In reply to

Re: Shrinking Dropdown list in InfoPath 2013

Hello noodleNT,

Check to make sure that the filter is on the dropdown list box in the repeating section in your main data source. You want to use the expression outlined in the example to limit the selections, it should not be different in InfoPath 2013. If that does not work, attach your form and well take a look at it.

Thanks

Bre 

• 07-16-2014 11:48 AM In reply to

So the filter should be on the combo list in Main and not on the actual data source?

Screen cap of the drop down filter config.

http://1drv.ms/1l4nUlY 

• 07-17-2014 12:47 PM In reply to

Attached is my attempt at the example posted here.

• 07-17-2014 02:22 PM In reply to

I found that THIS post works.  The main difference is the use of preceding-sibling and following-sibling instead of xdXDocument:get-DOM() in the filter. Only draw back is you have to make two filter rules instead of one.

• 03-17-2015 08:28 AM In reply to

I have tried this method and I don't get errors but it still doesn't work. I have tried putting in the following expressions: not(my:type = current()/preceding-sibling::my:GeneralInventory/my:deviceType) AND not(my:type = current()/following-sibling::my:GeneralInventory/my:deviceType) The data is pulling from an xml file which was added to the form as a resource file. I have attached a copy of my form. I need the value of the drop down to be "type" and display as "display". The comments will populate using rules once I get the drop down to shrink. Any help is appreciated.
  • 03-20-2015 03:42 PM In reply to

Hello Dawndev,

This was a rather tricky filter. Because the filter applies to the main DS we must use the full xpath to the node in the main DS. Here is the filter that was on your last form:

not(. = current()/my:deviceType)

and the new:

not(. = xdXDocument:get-DOM()/my:myFields/my:InventoryInformation/my:GeneralInventory/my:deviceType)

Please find our form attached with the change.

Thanks!
    Bre

• 03-23-2015 06:34 AM In reply to

Bre Huston:

Hello Dawndev,

This was a rather tricky filter. Because the filter applies to the main DS we must use the full xpath to the node in the main DS. Here is the filter that was on your last form:

not(. = current()/my:deviceType)

and the new:

not(. = xdXDocument:get-DOM()/my:myFields/my:InventoryInformation/my:GeneralInventory/my:deviceType)

Please find our form attached with the change.

Thanks!
    Bre

Thanks! That worked beautifully.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.