Issue with a form saving back to DBXL - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Issue with a form saving back to DBXL

Last post 07-01-2014 11:32 AM by ErnestoM. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2014 12:18 PM

• TomRenfro
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-29-2011
    • Oklahoma City, OK
    • Posts 134

Issue with a form saving back to DBXL

I have designed a form that reads data from a SQL table, then, if the table contains a DocID, I use SwapDOMwithDocument qRules command.  I'm not saving the data back to a form library, I just want to store the data in DBXL, then I have the data mapped to the same SQL table.  My intent is to allow DBXL to take care of any changes, thus removing security issues between the user, SQL Server, and the form.  I also have a trigger on the SQL table that deletes the old entry, then DBXL inserts the new one.  Thanks Hilary for this method.

This is working just fine when entries are replaced with new DBXL entries.  However, if I'm simply updating data, I'm getting the error "InfoPath cannot submit the form.  An error occurred while the form was being submitted." in preview mode, and in the browser I get "An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service.", with a log id of 5567.  Here is the error log entry I retrieved from the server:

06/20/2014 14:12:36.38  SPUCWorkerProcess.exe (0x1340)           0x2F30 InfoPath Forms Services        Runtime - Data Connections     eq8m Warning  Form submission failed. (User: , Form Name: PersonalInfoSheet, IP: , Request: , Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:PersonalInfoSheet:-myXSD-2013-02-04T19-12-58, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.) 86d5e6ba-7545-4d26-8a8c-1c182988d768

Do I need a separate connection for updates?

• 06-20-2014 12:38 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with a form saving back to DBXL

Hi - can you check the Qdabra event log? I'm assuming your submit is simply submitting to DBXL?

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-20-2014 01:24 PM In reply to

• TomRenfro
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-29-2011
    • Oklahoma City, OK
    • Posts 134

I found entries yesterday referring to an element in my main data source that at one time I'd changed from Entry_Deleted to Emp_Status, and I also changed it in my SQL table to the same.  InfoPath had issues with some rules, which I thought I caught all of them, so I changed the name back.

I've checked SQL table mappings against my main data source and the table and all looks on par.  I checked my queries as well and those all match up, so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I also am not getting all the logs, some of the WFE's don't have an event viewer, and a couple are way out of date.

• 06-20-2014 02:13 PM In reply to

If you click the submit button in your form, and get an error in IPFS do you also have an error in the Qdabra Event Viewer Log?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-01-2014 09:27 AM In reply to

• TomRenfro
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-29-2011
    • Oklahoma City, OK
    • Posts 134

Sorry for the delay, I've been gone for a week.

I just tried to update an entry that I know is in DBXL and the SQL table and has a DocID in the table.  I tried to update using the existing DBXL submit SubmitDocumentAsUser web service which is published as a UDCX file.  No error entries in the Qdabra event log on any of the WFE's in SharePoint.

The form loads from the SQL table using QueryDB, then checks for the DocID.  If it's there for a single entry, I use the following qRules command: concat("SwapDomWithDocument /getdocument=GetDocument /docid=", DocID), where DocID is the DocID from the GetColumnsXMLStrQueryResult node.  I then have a separate button for saving documents back to DBXL, as the Submit button does a couple more things the save doesn't need to do.  Both use the SubmitDocumentAsUser web service though, and on the Save button, it's the only rule associated with the button.

If you need to see the form, please let me know. It's weird to me, as it once worked with this method in a previous version, and I can't see any difference between the two versions.

• 07-01-2014 11:32 AM In reply to

Hi Tom,

Yes, I think it would be helpful to see the form template.

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.