What department do you work in.....? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

What department do you work in.....?

Last post 05-22-2014 05:06 AM by RaYvA. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2014 05:06 AM

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

What department do you work in.....?

Hi, I was going to make the subject 'Who develops InfoPath forms in your organisation?' yet quickly realised that in this forum it's probably whoever you are reading this missive.

Recognising SharePoint & InfoPath have & are being utilised in a myriad  of ways and that the forums here are generally inundated with technical questions (as they should be - and I hope I've answered a few of them for y'all) I currently find myself in a philosophical conundrum regarding forms and  workflows, especially who should be responsible for them, that is, is it the business or IT's responsibility? Then fundamentally what does SharePoint/InfoPath Forms Services actually mean to people other than myself? Hence, I reasoned, if I knew what 'department' you worked for I could infer where the responsibility lies.

I'm hoping that if you have ever worked in a large organisation, maybe even of a global or national scale (although not exclusively - I realise there are organisations out there that haven't that geographical reach yet face the same dilemma), and have or desired to implement forms automation, how did/would you approach it, what justifications or business case did/would you use, is/was or did/should using SharePoint/InfoPath be a business or an IT transformation, my questions are many which is why I wanted to start this discussion, hopefully to benefit us all.

More than happy to fill you all in on the circumstance that lead to this quandary henceforth question (that doesn't need a solution just a discussion).

GO! :P

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.