Concat multi-select listbox on Excel export - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concat multi-select listbox on Excel export

Last post 04-28-2014 11:58 AM by soul_vice. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2014 09:25 AM

Concat multi-select listbox on Excel export

I am designing my first InfoPath form and I am stuck on an issue. I would like to find out if there is a way to concat data from my multi-select listbox when I export the form to Excel so I dont get a bunch of repeating data for the rest of my fields.

Currently, my Excel export looks like this with a bunch of repeating data due to my multi-select listbox:

I would like it to look like this when I do the form export to Excel.

Any suggestions on how I might do this?

• 04-28-2014 10:11 AM In reply to

• nos70s
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2014
    • Posts 4

Re: Concat multi-select listbox on Excel export

Just checking real quick.

When you published the "Program Functions" field where it asks what do you want to name the column the bottom field of that window gives you 4 choices (First, Last, Count and Merge) if you select merge it should put all of these on the same line.

If i am understanding the question right

• 04-28-2014 10:31 AM In reply to

Hi nos70s - I am not sure I am understanding you correctly. Are you referring to when I view the properties for the "programFunctions" field in InfoPath like in the screenshot below?

This is the only place that I have seen a "Merge" option...I tried messing around with it but I had no success.

• 04-28-2014 10:53 AM In reply to

• nos70s
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2014
    • Posts 4

No, click on File, publish, to sharepoint, next, next, to document library, then find the field you are publishing i.e. ProgramFunctions..... and then you will see a new window pop up. Titled Publishing Wizard. Bottom field is the one that has merge

• 04-28-2014 10:56 AM In reply to

• nos70s
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2014
    • Posts 4

However.... now that i re-read your post it looks like you are straight exporting to excel ...that excel is not an export from your sharepoint list. Is this correct?

• 04-28-2014 11:58 AM In reply to

Correct. We do not have Sharepoint setup in our environment yet. I am straight exporting to Excel for now.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.