Using UpdateListItems method in IP form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using UpdateListItems method in IP form

Last post 04-03-2014 01:38 AM by Victor Joyce. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2014 01:38 AM

Using UpdateListItems method in IP form

Hi,

I'm developing a large IP form and am stuck up with a functionality in it. I shall try to keep it concise to concentrate on the problem.

The form has 2 textbox fields. User fills the first text box with a valid SharePoint list name that belongs to the  web. Assuming that the user has knowledge on how to use the UpdateListItems method of the Lists.asmx web service, he puts the following line in the second text box, which would be valid for updating a list item

<Batch OnError="Continue"><Method ID="1" Cmd="Update"><Field Name="ID">1</Field><Field Name="Title">Modified title</Field></Method></Batch>

I've configured the IP form to connect and send data to the Lists.asmx web service's UpdateListItem method. The first textbox is used to pass the name of the list to the method. However, for the update parameters of the method, since it accepts a SOAP object, how can the XML string in the second text box be converted and used so that the method executes successfully and the item gets updated?

I tried using the text value as it is in the web method, but the text is getting HTML encoded in the request (seen thru fiddler). Is it possible to send the non encoded string as it is to the web method as the update parameter? Please help.

And by the way, I'm not allowed to use/call custom codes in IP form. So I'm pretty much limited there :(

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.