Delete repeating table item to then delete that item in the SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Delete repeating table item to then delete that item in the SharePoint list

Last post 04-07-2014 07:38 AM by typicaldru. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2014 04:45 AM

Delete repeating table item to then delete that item in the SharePoint list

Hi,

Just started using the trial version of qRules and I'm very impressed! Now I need to convince my company to buy it!

Basically I have a form library where the user creates questionnaires. The separate questions are stored in a repeating table. I have been using the SubmitToSharePointList command with a repeating table to submit all the questions on the form to a list. This works perfectly when creating new questions, adding questions to existing forms or editing existing questions. However, when I delete a question on the form, I need it to delete the item within the list the qRules send the items to or even mark it as Inactive in some way.

Is there are rule that I need to set up for this? What is the best solution?

Regards

Andy

• 03-28-2014 05:15 AM In reply to

Re: Delete repeating table item to then delete that item in the SharePoint list

Hi Dru,

Glad to hear you're loving qRules! :)

Do you have an ID field mapped to the ID column in your SharePoint list? I'd assume you do since you mentioned that editing existing questions work. So with the ID already in place, doesn't deleting rows from the form delete the corresponding items in your list already?

Marking items as Inactive is also a good way to go. For this, you just need to add an Inactive column in your list and in your form, and then map it. As long as the form stores the list ID and qRules knows that it is indeed the ID (by either checking the ID box in the mapping tool under Options or by adding /id parameter in your command), it should be able to update the corresponding list items.

Best of luck! And let us know if you get stuck - we'd be more than happy to help. :)

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-31-2014 02:04 AM In reply to

I do have the ID field mapped, I followed Hilary's very excellent guide http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2012/05/30/qrules-submittosharepointlist-walkthrough-for-v4-2.aspx

For some reason the delete row in the repeating table on the form does not delete the item in the list and I'm not really sure what it is I am doing (or not doing as the case may be). I seem to be able to add new items and edit previous items but not remove them. Is there anything I can send you (screen shot/form) that would help solve this?

The inactive column works pretty well but I would like to nail the "delete row/item" thing.

Regards

Andy

• 03-31-2014 10:34 AM In reply to

Hey Dru,

Thanks for providing more details. It seems you'll need to add the RefreshSharePointListItems command into your form. Please follow Hilary's yet-another-excellent guide here. She says on her blog:

"The RefreshSharePointListItems also leverages this field - it adds to your form the ability to update all your SharePoint list connected items with the latest data from the list, so your users can update either the XML or the list - they'll stay in sync when your XML is next opened. It also adds the ability to propagate deletes - both from the XML to the list and vice versa."

So hopefully that is what you're looking for. :)

Let us know if you get stuck!

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 04-03-2014 01:53 AM In reply to

Thanks Mel!!

I shall try this and report back!

Gotta love this forum...

• 04-07-2014 07:38 AM In reply to

Just got around to trying this and BOOM - perfect!

Thanks for your help. qRules just makes everything so easy!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.