qRules Mapping - Infopath to SharePoint list only one row of repeating table is submitted - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

qRules Mapping - Infopath to SharePoint list only one row of repeating table is submitted

Last post 03-28-2014 08:01 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2014 02:50 AM

qRules Mapping - Infopath to SharePoint list only one row of repeating table is submitted

Hi I followed Hilary's excellent walkthrough to create my own submit to SP overtime authorisation form (changing fields to my own requirements etc).  I only have one SPlist that I need all the data to be sent to, but when I have multiple lines in my repeating table, only the first one is submitted to my list.  What might I be doing wrong please?

In my form I basically have header information (project details) then overtime request information (e.g date) then below it a repeating table so the project manager can request overtime pre-approval for multiple resources with different start/end times.  

Thanks

• 03-27-2014 06:24 AM In reply to

Re: qRules Mapping - Infopath to SharePoint list only one row of repeating table is submitted

Hi-

If you are mapping repeating data, there are two things to watch out for when creating the mapping:

1. You must check the checkbox that indicates that your data is repeating

2. The root node must point to that repeating node in the form schema.

Hope this helps!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-27-2014 06:35 AM In reply to

Re: qRules Mapping - Infopath to SharePoint list only one row of repeating table is submitted

Thank you Ernesto. I have ensured the checkbox in point 1 is ticked. Please can you advise what I need to do for point 2? Thanks

• 03-27-2014 06:42 AM In reply to

Hi-

After checking the checkbox denoting a repeating group, you'll see a field where you can select the repeating schema node. I'm attaching a screenshot.

Here is one of our tutorials - I'm not sure if it's the same one you're following so this may help:

http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry91121.aspx

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-27-2014 07:37 AM In reply to

That's great. Thank you for your help. Just got one final error message to resolve and hopefully it will work - it says Failed to select node for SharePoint List Id: my:myFields/my:Project/my:Id

• 03-27-2014 07:51 AM In reply to

What is the syntax of your command? Can I see your mapping file? You can attach it under the options tab in a reply.

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-27-2014 08:06 AM In reply to

Hilary,

Please find attached.  My command is SubmitToSharePointList /submit=ShPList 

Thank you 

• 03-27-2014 08:34 AM In reply to

There are some problems with your mapping. You have a repeating group for your submit - >my:myFields/my:Project/my:Overtime/my:OvertimeDetails/my:OvertimeAuthHours/my:OvertimeDetail/ - but then you have absolute XPaths to your fields. They need to be relative to the repeating group instead.

The field you have indicated for the ID is outside of your repeating group. The purpose of the ID is to be able to effectively relate each item submitted to the list with the XML node in the form. So, if you are mapping repeating data, you will want to have the field you are using for the ID inside that repeating group. This walkthrough was written for 4.2, but may help clarify the issues:

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2012/05/30/qrules-submittosharepointlist-walkthrough-for-v4-2.aspx

Can you take a look at that post and try remapping your data? If you get stuck, just attach your template you are trying to submit to a reply and I can help you out.

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-27-2014 09:31 AM In reply to

Thank you - I have corrected the Id field I think, but I haven't been able to sort the relative mapping.

• 03-27-2014 09:41 AM In reply to

Updated mapping file

• 03-27-2014 09:51 AM In reply to

Here's a mapping with some manual mods that I think will be right for your form and what you are trying to do - you can always import it into the mapping tool so you can see the difference.

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-28-2014 02:10 AM In reply to

Thank you so much for your help, I understand now I can see your example.

I am still having issues with my OvertimeId field and now get this error message

Failed to generate new Batch from mapping. Error information: Error occurred generating the batch element
     set. 

• 03-28-2014 02:13 AM In reply to

I think it is because it is just a normal standalone text field?

• 03-28-2014 05:35 AM In reply to

Hilary,

I redid everything again using your mapping example and it now works. Qdabra is excellent.

Thank you all for your help!

• 03-28-2014 08:01 AM In reply to

Oh hooray!!!! So glad you have it working. :)

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.