Migrate a SPD 2010 workflow with custom Infopath 2010 forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Migrate a SPD 2010 workflow with custom Infopath 2010 forms

Last post 03-24-2014 11:56 AM by Den12. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2014 11:56 AM

• Den12
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-15-2013
    • Posts 57

Migrate a SPD 2010 workflow with custom Infopath 2010 forms

Hi Everybody,

It has been some time since I have been involved with design of SharePoint workflows and customizing those with InfoPath.

Here is my problem: 

I am trying to restore a SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow , associated with a library (InfoPath template), which accumulates data during a 6-step workflow process to present a full document. Four of those steps include Approval Process actions, which are heavily customized InfoPath form templates as Approval forms (one is using qRules, it was possible to apply qRules on list forms and it is not a problem at this time).

I was able to restore the library design and content, including supporting lists and their data to a new Site Collection on another SharePoint 2010 farm (restoring object by object)

My problem is the SPD Workflow.

- The original Sharepoint 2010 site collection, where the library and the workflow resided no longer exists

- I restored the workflow from a back-up .VWI file (Visio Export) to the new library and site collection, BUT  the custom content types (InfoPath-based forms) used in each step of that workflow are no longer associated with workflow.

- In SharePoint designer the workflow steps are visible, but the custom InfoPath forms are not shown and I could not find the related content types installed on the site collection either.

- I have copies of the InfoPath forms, which I edited to point for publishing to the new workflow list and published those. No errors were shown, but the content types and forms are still not visible.

- the tasks list and history list seem properly associated with the main library, but creating or editing new entries does not seem to trigger the workflow either.

Now I think I am missing an important step in this recovery process and I wish I had a full Site collection backup available, but I don't.

My question:

1. Is there a way to associate existing on the site content types (InfoPath-based forms) with existing Approval Steps/Action in the recovered SPD workflow?

Any help and insight will be appreciated. 

P.S: I could probably restore every step to the original specs, but it will take me probably a week or more and that may not include time for proper testing. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.