Update List Item no code Question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Update List Item no code Question

Last post 03-20-2014 08:42 AM by jnava121. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2014 11:56 AM

Update List Item no code Question

I'm redoing an InfoPath  form not to use code.

The only issue is I need to increment a number everytime it opens on an SP List  (example attached)
    Something Like this:

Title   :  HSW    Seq:   123          (Form opens the code added 1 each time, thus it's 124 after form opens)  

I followed this blog (Add SharePoint List Items with InfoPath - Matt Faus ) and successfully updated , just wish I can get the data entry portion to fill in automatically and submit  and update without anyone having to manually type these values in repeating table. The form has a default "Title" so it already knows which one to update.

I know there are better ways around it was just trying to recreate the form with no new existing changes.

• 03-20-2014 07:09 AM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Re: Update List Item no code Question

I'm not sure what you mean by 'in repeating table'?

Am I correct in thinking that you want to add another list item using web services similar to the example, ie with the same Title, but for each subsequent item the Seq number should increment?

If that is the case, I would add another Data Connection to the list, then add a couple of Rules wherever you need them where you set a query Field value prior to a 'Query For Data' Action so that you're only looking for the correct Title. Then you can use a 'Set a Fields Value' to Max(Seq) + 1 from that data source which will increment the Seq field prior to submitting it into the list via the web services.

Hope this helps

• 03-20-2014 08:05 AM In reply to

So when form loads the repeating table on bottom will say   
    ID
    Title
    SeqNo          .

Theres five forms with default values( HSF, TRN, etc..)   each one has its own ID in a list that increments everytime form opens   .  (instead of typing in  lets say 5, HSW, 99 ) 

I want to fill these in without writing code

• 03-20-2014 08:41 AM In reply to

This is what it looks like a runtime  you have to type the values in..        So since this form is already defaulted to "HSW" I could prefill them in using rules except it's a repeating table!

• 03-20-2014 08:42 AM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.