REST bound Text Box values - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

REST bound Text Box values

Last post 03-14-2014 11:02 AM by RaYvA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2014 02:55 AM

REST bound Text Box values

Hi There, I have an administrator-approved InfoPath form uploaded to Sharepoint 2013 document library. Upon creating a new document, all the text boxes will be populated with the user profiles pertaining to user who creates a new document (I use REST service to pull out the profile data from database and creates rules to filter out the relevant data based on userName()) and save the newly created document to the Sharepoint document library. It works fine to this stage. However, when another user open the submitted form from the library, instead of opening in "edit mode" to retain the old values , it will create a new form and populate it with new values pertaining to that user. It can retain the old values, but the user must explicitly click "edit" link on the popup window and it will display the old values on InfoPath filler, not on the browser. I'm new to Infopath and Sharepoint, can you guys tell me what did I miss? Thanks in advance.
  • 03-14-2014 11:02 AM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Re: REST bound Text Box values

Are you sure that it's creating a 'new' form? 

You stated ' Upon creating a new document, all the text boxes will be populated with the user profiles pertaining to user who creates a new document'
    Do you check with a condition to a rule that it is a 'new document'?

If you wipe over the defaults of a form with a bunch of rules whenever you open a form then you will get into trouble.

There are a number of ways to determine if it is a new document, qDabra has a special field, but there are other ways to do this.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.