Set a text field based on the selection made in a drop down - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Set a text field based on the selection made in a drop down

Last post 02-09-2014 02:02 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2014 04:08 PM

Set a text field based on the selection made in a drop down

Hi I need to set a text field to the value of the selection made in a drop down.

The dropdown values are sourced from a Sharepoint list with 3 columns - Approver's name, Approver's email, Approver's User Account.

The dropdown value is set to Approver's email and the display set to the Approver's name. The email address is required as the value, because the submit button triggers and email to the selected approver.

However, an approval field further down in the form is based on the user account of the selected approver.  If the current user is not equal to the selected approver's user's account, then the approval selection field is disabled.

I need to set the value of a text field to the approver's user account...  I can only seem to get the email address to populate the field... can work out the filter requirement.

Thank you and hope to hear from someone.

• 02-09-2014 02:02 PM In reply to

Re: Set a text field based on the selection made in a drop down

When the dropdown value changes, set another field in your main data source to equal the Approver's user account filtered on the approver's email from the field which has the dropdown control bound to it.

Then, you can use that field to compare to the current user.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.