SP2010 : Document Info Panel bug with infopath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SP2010 : Document Info Panel bug with infopath

Last post 02-09-2014 11:55 PM by InfoAda. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2014 05:46 AM

SP2010 : Document Info Panel bug with infopath

Hi, I'm facing an issue using Infopath 2010 with a custom DIP (Document Information Panel) in sharepoint 2010. Obviously Infopath doesn't work the same way when using as a DIP or to customize a list form. So, I have a colum in my document library which is a "Multiple Lines" type. The problem is that when i use infopath as a DIP there are obviously more resrictions and here i cannot use a paragraph break in the text box linked to the field (Multiplelines) ! Also i realise that DIP infopath form doesn't support RichTextBox control. Example : write this in the text area This is a test -> It works But This is a test -> Not working Infopath says "Only Specific pattern Allowed, Only Data in the following pattern is allowed: '.*\S.*'". I try to add a rule and specify another pattern but this pattern still block the paragraph break. I couldn't find where to delete the pattern ... I can't find any solution. Does anyone has a solution ? Regards
  • 02-06-2014 08:09 AM In reply to

Re: SP2010 : Document Info Panel bug with infopath

Ok i found a solution. For a reason i don't know, "text data type" are mapped with this f**** pattern "*\S.*"when you are using Infopath for customize a DIP. So the solution is : [Create your file] - customize your DIP like you do normaly - Save it as as .xns file (ie MyDIP.xsn) [Extract Files and delete pattern section] - Rename the .xsn file in .cab (MyDIP.cab) - Extract your .cab file - Look for the file called : typeSchema.xsd - In this file, delete the line "" - Save your file [ Repack your file using makecab.exe (C:\Windows\System32\makecab.exe)] - Create a txt file called directives.txt (or any suitable you like). Copy this code in the file: ;************************************************************ ; MSDN Sample Source Code MakeCAB Directive file example ;************************************************************ .OPTION EXPLICIT ;***************************************************************** ; change the value of the caninet name for example myInfoPath.xsn ;****************************************************************** .Set CabinetNameTemplate=AfterRePackaging.XSN ;************************************************************************************************************* ; change the value of the Disk Directory Template value to the directory you want to store the xsn file into,, ;************************************************************************************************************* .set DiskDirectoryTemplate="D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work" .Set Cabinet=on .Set Compress=on ;******************************************************* ; Just List All the files to be added in the xsn file ;******************************************************* "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\manifest.xsf" "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\myschema.xsd" "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\sampledata.xml" "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\template.xml" "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\upgrade.xsl" "D:\Workarea\InfoPath Work\Extracted Files\view1.xsl" ;********************* ; End of the File ;********************* Save your file. And open the command prompt (CMD). Now, you need to type the following command: MakeCab /f directives.txt *** be sure that you are in the same directory or give the full path name *** Congratulations now you have your XSN file go ahead and test it,,, - check this topic for more information about pack or unpack xsn files ! http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wael/archive/2007/04/29/infopath-how-to-modify-the-xsn-file-and-the-inside-xml.aspx)
  • 02-09-2014 02:29 PM In reply to

Thanks for posting your solution.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-09-2014 11:55 PM In reply to

After digging a little bit more i found the origin of the problem.
    KB2826026, so, another (better) solution is to uninstall this update.

More explaination here : http://naimmurati.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/this-file-cannot-be-saved-because-some-properties-are-missing-or-invalid/

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.