Making a Paper Form Electronic - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Making a Paper Form Electronic

Last post 12-20-2013 07:27 AM by sicky. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2013 07:52 AM

Making a Paper Form Electronic

Hi, I am very new to infopath and have only done basic form creation and hosting in winforms so far. I am looking for a tutorial or thoughts on converting a paper forms into an electronic infopath document. The CMS 1500 Claim Form to be exact, we also have many other documents that will need to be converted this way as well. We need to keep the paper forms exact layout and need to have everything laid out so that a user can enter in the info and print out to the official document. The print out may end up being a report document in the end ... My thinking to accomplish this is: - Scan the paper document in as an image. - Set that image as the background of the document. - Set the documents exact height/width - Absolute Position Controls on the Form to overlay the paper docs fields Can the above even be accomplished? What difficulties did you encounter when trying do the same thing? Thank you in advance
  • 12-20-2013 07:27 AM In reply to

• sicky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2013
    • Posts 22

Re: Making a Paper Form Electronic

Hi Oakelch
    We recently converted a paper form to electronic one in infopath
    The original form was about 20 pages long, and we reduced this by about 6 pages all in all, as there primary was to reduce waste paper, but keep things userfriendly.

As far as im aware you can set background images, although you cant absolute position it, i think upper left or right are the only positions the BG can be set.

depending on the the ammount of fields the conversion cna take a little bit of time, especiialy if theres validation rules to go with it.

If yiou decide to go a head i would have a sit down and plan how your going to do espcialy with layouts, as info path can be a bit complicated with tables on how there formated.

If you need help ill be more than happy to :)
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.