Populate text fields with Active Directory information based on People Picker Field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate text fields with Active Directory information based on People Picker Field

Last post 03-10-2016 10:57 AM by mrodmal. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2013 11:32 AM

Populate text fields with Active Directory information based on People Picker Field

Hello, I am creating an InfoPath 2010 form.  The form user chooses someone from a people picker field who will be the delegate for a particular process.  The aim once the selection is made, is to auto populate fields such as phone, email, department with data from the AD.

I am using  the getuserprofilebyname data connection - this works well for pre-populating fields for the form's current user, but unsure how to have the fields populate based on the person selected in the people picker field.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you.

• 12-03-2013 05:32 PM In reply to

Re: Populate text fields with Active Directory information based on People Picker Field

Hi brice235i,

I'm attaching a sample form that queries all the information based on the selected person. Please check the action rules I've implemented on the query button.

Action 1: Set the AccountName of the GetUserProfileByName using the the AccountId of the people picker group.

Action 2: Query the GetUserProfileByName data connection.

You can test this form by changing the URL of the data connection and setting the server address of the people picker group. Hope this helps.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 12-03-2013 05:36 PM In reply to

Re: Populate text fields with Active Directory information based on People Picker Field

Thanks Don, but I can't open the form due to domain permission level requirement. 

• 12-03-2013 05:55 PM In reply to

Save the form locally by right clicking the link. Right click the locally saved file and select Design to open in design mode.

Hilary Stoupa

• 12-03-2013 06:01 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary.

• 12-04-2013 11:01 AM In reply to

Don, thank you very much, this is working well :)

• 12-04-2013 04:10 PM In reply to

I'm glad to know it worked :)

Qdabra Software
  • 03-10-2016 08:40 AM In reply to

• mrodmal
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-09-2016
    • Puerto Rico
    • Posts 29

donstephen:

Hi brice235i,

I'm attaching a sample form that queries all the information based on the selected person. Please check the action rules I've implemented on the query button.

Action 1: Set the AccountName of the GetUserProfileByName using the the AccountId of the people picker group.

Action 2: Query the GetUserProfileByName data connection.

You can test this form by changing the URL of the data connection and setting the server address of the people picker group. Hope this helps.

Great!

How I can do to copy only the email address to a new created field?

• 03-10-2016 09:17 AM In reply to

Hi,

If you only need to extract the email of the account being queried, you would need to set the new field to the value node and add a filter where Name = "WorkEmail". I have attached an update sample form for you.

Regards, 

Qdabra Software
  • 03-10-2016 10:57 AM In reply to

• mrodmal
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-09-2016
    • Puerto Rico
    • Posts 29

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.