InfoPath form with secondary data connections included in a site template - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath form with secondary data connections included in a site template

Last post 11-28-2013 12:44 PM by blalor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2013 12:35 PM

• blalor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-19-2010
    • Posts 8

InfoPath form with secondary data connections included in a site template

I'm buiding a SP2010 site template for Hiring Managers to evaluate candidates.  One part of this template will be a Candidate Interview Scale which I want to use InfoPath 2010 to build.  It's a very simple form with the following fields:

• Candidate's Name
    • Performance Category
    • Weight of that category
    • A field for the interviewer to enter a score for the category
    • A calculated field to multiply the score against the weighting.

As I said, pretty simple.  The tricky part is that because this will be included in a site template that will be used for all hiring positions, the Performance Categories and the Weighting will change from position to position.  I need the hiring manager to be able to input the categories and their respective weighting into a data source (probably a SP list) and have that data populate the InfoPath form fields.  If it was a single SP site, easy to do, but because this is a site template and there is no way of knowing what site name will be given when a new hiring site is created, I'm struggling to figure out how to dynamically create the data connections to the list that contains the category and weighting data.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me I'm all screwed up in my logic?

Thanks, Bill

• 11-27-2013 06:33 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath form with secondary data connections included in a site template

Hi Bill,

You can't easily syndicate InfoPath forms across sites without breaking data connections. The lists and libraries have GUIDs (globally unique IDs) that differ.

qRules v5.2 does enable this scenario with a couple new commands that enable dynamically detecting data connections on load and fixing up the GUIDs.

I'd be happy to demo this for you. Also, check out the weekly webinar from Qdabra the week of July 18: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE4WVjU2ao&list=PL581899A129522F53&index=1

I worked with a customer earlier this year on a very similar performance evaluation form. There were some tricks to making it data driven.

I'm happy to spend some time to discuss this with you.

Happy T-day,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 11-28-2013 12:44 PM In reply to

• blalor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-19-2010
    • Posts 8

Re: InfoPath form with secondary data connections included in a site template

Patrick, thank you for the information. I've just recently purchased qRules 5.2 and haven't even taken the shrink wrap off. I'll watch the video and may take you up on your offer if I stumble. BTW, it was nice to meet you at the Access Day in Bellevue. Bill Lalor - YWCA
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.