adding sorting column info in data connection file - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

adding sorting column info in data connection file

Last post 11-13-2013 10:25 AM by rajkumar.bathula. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2013 12:21 PM

adding sorting column info in data connection file

Hi Is there a way to specify sort column name in a data connection file? I have a browser based 2010 form where referring a udcx file. Now I dont hav dev environment to modify data connection file n specify my new sort column. Hence I am looking for udcx file modification as solution. I saw there is query, viewfields elements. But with empty even I am using few columns frm that data connection. My earlier udcx file was created by considering ID as sort column. Now I want to change to another column. Looking forward for ur valuable ideas. THANKS Raj
    Thank you
    Raj
  • 11-12-2013 06:28 PM In reply to

Re: adding sorting column info in data connection file

I don't believe the sort column info is stored in the UDCX - I think it is in the data connection information in the manifest for the template. You should be able to just open the form in design mode and walk through the data connection again - not sure what you mean by dev environment here - do you have InfoPath designer installed?

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-13-2013 04:41 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, thanks for prompt response. Dev environment in the scenes, the sp server on which the form was actually designed. If that would be there, i can easily modify the dataconnection and select my required column for sorting. Let me try modifying the manifest file and if it works, all good :) thank you once again.
    Thank you
    Raj
  • 11-13-2013 06:37 AM In reply to

Open the template in design mode. Open the data connections dialog. Select the data connection you need to modify. Click the Modify button. Walk through the dialogs for the data connection - on the dialog where you select the fields returned by the data connection, you should also be able to indicate the sort field.

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-13-2013 06:49 AM In reply to

Thank you hilary. I cant do your suggested steps in the design mode. Because the server nor site collection (where earlier dc files are stored) is no more exists. Hence, when i try to click on modify, it is trying to connect to the old site collection where my udcx files are stored and throwing message saying, site not found. Which is expected behavior.
    Thank you
    Raj
  • 11-13-2013 07:32 AM In reply to

Make a backup copy of your form. Save your form as source files (Publish > Export as source files). Open manifest.xsf in a text editor - find and modify the UDCX location. Are you telling me you currently don't have a working copy of the template because the UDCX files were moved?

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-13-2013 10:25 AM In reply to

Thank u. I understood ur approach. i will give a try. I have the working copy i.e., design file of the form :)
    Thank you
    Raj
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.