How to bind a control to a field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to bind a control to a field

Last post 11-13-2013 05:55 AM by JuanMA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2013 09:01 AM

How to bind a control to a field

Hi:

I have a dropdown menu that has "Other" as the last choice. When the user selects other it changes to a textbox. I was able to accomplish this by creating a rule for the textbox control. Now, the problem is that I need to store what the user inputs in the same field as the dropdown. I do not want to have to columns. I read the following post: http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/8176/29624.aspx#29624 but I'm not able to accomplish bounding the controls. whenever I add both controls to the field and when the user selects other it lets the user change to another name but the moment it clicks out of the dropdown list it goes back to select. By the way, this is a list in SharePoint 2010.

Can any of you help me with this.

Thanks in advance! 

• 11-13-2013 05:55 AM In reply to

Re: How to bind a control to a field

I have been searching for a solution but no body gives an accurate answer. Can any of you please help on this.. Again, when a user selects other in the dropdown menu a textbox appears. I want to add whatever the user typed on the textbox to that field because when I export the data to excel I do not want to have to columns one for other and one for the dropdown menu option. How can I store the data in the textbox to the dropdown field.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.