Query Not functioning correctly - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Query Not functioning correctly

Last post 12-20-2013 07:55 AM by sicky. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2013 03:54 PM

Query Not functioning correctly

I am fairly new to advanced InfoPath and SharePoint, but I've been able to resolve most issues implementing SharePoint for a corporate intranet with business processes. I'm completely stuck on the following forms issue though. I have an existing SharePoint (hosted Office 365) list that I'm trying to create an InfoPath form to update the existing info. I've been able to create the form and query the data correctly. However the query doesn't refresh and always pulls the same item regardless of which item I select from the drop down menu. For instance, I'm trying to have the user select Item 1 from my SharePoint List, which already contains some data in various different fields. I want all the existing data to populate in the correct fields when Item 1 is selected. I have this working with the following rule: Condition: None - Rule runs when field changes Rule Type: Action Run these Actions: Query using a data connection (data connection: Main Data Connection) > Send Data to a Web Part The query runs when I select an item from the drop down and fills in blanks, BUT it only pulls one item over and over, regardless of which one I select. There are about 600 items in the drop down but it always defaults to the same one, even with a refresh. I'm obviously doing something wrong, I just don't know what. :) Any thoughts would be helpful!
  • 12-20-2013 07:55 AM In reply to

• sicky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2013
    • Posts 22

Re: Query Not functioning correctly

Hi IE,
    i had a form that wokred kinda in the same way, we had one field, that when data was entered it would fill in mutiple fields that corraspond to that specific row and ID, is this what you mean?
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.