InfoPath 2013 Editor Security Notice - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2013 Editor Security Notice

Last post 07-22-2020 02:14 PM by dc330. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2013 06:38 PM

InfoPath 2013 Editor Security Notice

Hi,

All I am trying to do is connect an InfoPath 2013 form to a 2013 MS Access database.

I open IP Designer, New-->Advanced Form Templates-->Database

Connect to Database (connecting to the MS Access DB located on my desktop) and then create the form. I check the box "Enable submit for this connection" and summary status says that submit status is "Enabled".

However, when I try to submit new data, a dialogue box appears, titled:

"InfoPath Editor Security Notice  ?"

with this in the box:

"Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern.

Security Warning: Accessing data across domains is not supported for forms opened from the Internet."

The form is located on my desktop, as is the database.  What is causing this error?  I've never had this problem when connecting forms before.

Thanks,
    Jason

"

• 10-15-2013 06:32 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 Editor Security Notice

I think this is an Internet Explorer security setting. Under your IE options, security tab, look in the advanced settings and under Miscellaneous there is a setting for data connection across domains.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-15-2013 07:17 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary; thanks for your prompt response!

Unfortunately, I have tried to implement your solution and no dice.  I am operating on MS IE 10.  I went into Internet Options-->Security tab and adjusted both the settings for internet and local intranet to allow for data access across domains.  I then created a quick and simple Access database and new InfoPath form to connect to this database.  The same error occurred.  It blows my mind how one program on my desktop cannot access the database (also located on my desktop).

Help?

Jason

• 10-15-2013 07:31 AM In reply to

I'll see if I can repro this on my machine - it may not be until tomorrow afternoon that I have a chance.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-15-2013 06:30 PM In reply to

So - I did the same thing. I created an Access 2013 DB (with a single table, a couple columns). I saved it on my desktop. I created an IP form based off the DB. I can submit without any issues. What version of Office are you using? Did it come with Office 365, or is it a regular Office install?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-15-2013 06:46 PM In reply to

Well, I'm completely jealous.

I am using a regular Office install I purchased from MS.

• 10-17-2013 07:26 AM In reply to

Also checked for anti-virus (norton) interference; disabled all virus scans and firewall.  Still no change in "access denied" messages and Security Notice warnings.

• 01-07-2014 08:15 AM In reply to

I had the exact same problem and I solved it by changing IE security setting and than right click on IP form and select design than "File"  "Info"  "Form Option"  "Security and trust"  uncheck (automatically determine...) than check (full trust...) than check (sign this form template) then click on "create certificate" and click "ok"

• 01-07-2014 09:05 AM In reply to

THANK YOU!

• 04-29-2014 01:50 PM In reply to

• JimJBC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2014
    • Posts 1

I have to say thank you as well. This has been a recent nightmare for me as I just started with InfoPath 2013 and can't find any good tutorials, they all seem for older versions and don't work well. Now that this is fixed, maybe I can try some of them again.

• 06-01-2016 10:30 AM In reply to

thank you for posting this solution 2 years ago... it fixed my problem.

• 07-22-2020 02:14 PM In reply to

• dc330
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2009
    • Posts 23

Thank-you all for sending your solutions. This post is a little dated and it didn't solve my problem (domain error as in the first post) but it did get me tweaking IE settings and that fixed my problems. In my case, I had to add the path that my database is on into the IE trusted intranet zones.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.