Repeating table field is working inaccurately. Need urgent help. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating table field is working inaccurately. Need urgent help.

Last post 10-15-2013 06:20 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2013 11:24 AM

Repeating table field is working inaccurately. Need urgent help.

Hi,

I have a repeating table with 10 fields. Out of those there are four fields which are Delivered Count, Added, Modified, Deleted. The sum of Delivered should be equal to Added + Modified + Deleted. I have a button on the form which I am disabling using rules.

Rules for button(All are seperate rules- not in a AND condition)

If field A is blank - Disable button

If field B is blank - Disable button

If field C is blank - Disable button

If Delivered Count is blank - Disable button

If Delivered Count is not equal to ADD + MOD + DEL - Disable button.

The rules are working fine for the first row. For second row the rule is not working fine. The button gets enabled only if I put the same Delivered Count value as of first row and it also does not checks for ADD + MOD + DEL for second row.

For Ex: 1st ROw - Delivered COunt = 20 then ADD =10, MOD=10 and DEL=10

For 2nd row - Deliverd Count = 20 then ADD=10. MOD=4, DEL=0 it enables. but if i change Delivered count to some other value apart from the same value as first row the button gets disabled.

Please help its urgent.

Filed under:
  • 10-07-2013 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating table field is working inaccurately. Need urgent help.

Under the options tab you can attach your template - I may be able to take a quick look.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-07-2013 12:41 PM In reply to

I attached the form. The rules are on the button in Count Session View. Also before going there please select application name from default view.

• 10-07-2013 02:07 PM In reply to

The thing is that InfoPath is only going to look at the first instance of CCSSubApp (for example) as you currently have the formatting rule - but you can change that using the options shown in the attached screenshot. For example, you probably want to hide the button if "Any occurrence of CSSubApp" is blank...

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-08-2013 02:42 AM In reply to

Thanks Hilary that was so simple I never took a look at that drop down. You saved my day. I have always seen you replying quick to all users queries. Thank a lot.

One more question:

I do not have Infopath Form Services so I am using a filler form. Is there a way by which I can disable the ribbon during form load using C# code. If yes please do send me the code or the link.

• 10-08-2013 06:40 PM In reply to

Sorry - I don't know about this / have never done it - you may want to start a new thread and see if someone else has done this.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-10-2013 02:21 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Till today everything was working fine but now I am getting the validation error on form submit and it is not showing me the details for it. I am trying for last 6 hrs but not able to identify where it is stucking. I checked all views and eveything but it is not working. Can you take a look and provide your feedback. I have to get this form deployed by tommorow. Please help.
  • 10-10-2013 02:29 PM In reply to

Are you getting the validation error in filler? If so, you can use CTRL + Shift + O (letter "o") to get InfoPath to pop up a dialog with details. There will be a button to click to see the details on what's invalid.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-10-2013 02:45 PM In reply to

Got the error name when i did CTRL + SHIFT + O. thanks a lot. it is on one of multi select box on the deafult view but i am not sure why even after selecting the multiple values from that it is giving validation issues. I changed it to be non-blank and could able to submit. But i want it Cannot be Blank and I am selecting a field.

• 10-10-2013 02:53 PM In reply to

Multi-selects can be tricky. Drag the repeating field the box is bound to onto the form as a repeating table so you can see what's going on better. You may need to set the default values to "not include" the node by default (Data --> Default Values)

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-10-2013 03:16 PM In reply to

I changed and removed the checkbox for the repeating field from DATA-Default Values. I have created a rule on another field to show the fields value and it is showing me no value I mean the pop up box is blank. I checked by putting repeating table. When we check the value in multiselector it is showing those values in repeatin table. I m not sure why it is considering it blank

• 10-10-2013 06:40 PM In reply to

I just don't think data validation is going to work the way you want here - I put together a quick sample so I could see what was going on - and there isn't a real straightforward way to make a repeating field required in InfoPath 2010. In 2013, I was pleased to see that we now can select that we have to have a non-empty instance - but that doesn't help your scenario.

I tried using a helper field with a default value to count how many instances of the repeating field were blank, but as long as the field is bound to a multi select, I found the default value wasn't updating correctly. I think you may just need to make this not required.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-12-2013 08:47 AM In reply to

Yes I have to make it not required but to get around the problem i played a small trick. I disabled the submit button based on two rules:

1.) If All Occurences of my first multiselector are blank and Number of Occurences is less than or equal 1.

same for second multiselector.

But that worked and now I have another issues after all discussion I have to use two people picker control in my form and I want to make one required & one not required. Basically I am using Infopath 2010 to create Infopath 2007 filler form and I have to create a context.xml for getting people picker that all I can only name the fields but I cannot do anything else. ReadOnly, CannotBeBlank all are disabled. How can i do it for people/picker control.

• 10-15-2013 03:32 PM In reply to

Hi Hillary,

Need another help I am using Lists.asms - Update List Items web service to update the date field. It was working fine till yesterday but now it is not working and i could not find the issue i checked everything but it is not working. Can you help.

• 10-15-2013 06:20 PM In reply to

You might want to consider starting new threads when you have new questions - then others are more likely to see them and may also be able to help you.

I see you have a code DLL in the form - are you using code to update the item? If so, can you run your code in debug to see what is going wrong?

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.