A Potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

A Potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client.

Last post 05-28-2014 06:59 AM by ABC1234. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2013 02:10 PM

A Potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client.

Hi - I have recently been running into an issue where some clients in my environment are unable to fill out simple forms due to this error: Unhandled exception when rendering form System.Web.HttpRequ estValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Coo kies value was detected from the client (GridViewFilterctl0 0_ctl00_BSPlaceHolderMainContent_m_ProjectSummary="
  • 09-13-2013 04:18 PM In reply to

Re: A Potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client.

I think we'll need some additional information - Where is the error? It shows up in the logs? When they try to fill out the form? What version of SharePoint?

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-16-2013 06:22 AM In reply to

Thank you for your response.  It shows up on the users end and has a related correlation ID.  It is when they submit the form that the error stops them.  It closes the form after accepting the error message.  The message that is generated on the server is:

Request: /_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx Exception occurred during request processing. fault.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:workflowInitAssoc:-AutoGen-2013-06-27T21:38:42:305Z, Type: HttpRequestValidationException, Exception Message: A potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client (GridViewFilterctl00_ctl00_BSPlaceHolderMainContent_m_ProjectSummary="<?xml version="1.0" ...").) Unhandled exception when rendering form System.Web.HttpRequ estValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the client (GridViewFilterctl00_ctl00_BSPlaceHolderMainContent_m_ProjectSummary="<?xml version="1.0" ...").     at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateCookieCollection(HttpCookieCollection cc)     at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Cookies()     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.Document.CreateDocument(HttpContext context, SPSite contextSite, String editingSessionId, Solution solution, String webUrl)     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLife time.Document.LoadFromSession(HttpContext context, SPSite contextSite, EventLogStart eventLogStart, Solution solution)at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Controls.PostbackPage.ProcessIndividual(HttpContext context, String eventLogText, BooleanfirstEventLog) Watson bucket parameters: SharePoint Server 2010, ULSException14, 41b7c39f "infopath forms services", 0e001b67 "14.0.7 015.0", e9185677 "system.web", 0200c627 "2.0.50727.0", 4ef6c43b "sun dec 25 00:35:39 2011", 000005b9 "000005b9", 0000007e "0000007e", 7250d3ef "httprequestvalidationexception",38676563 "8gec"  The StateManager is disposing and calling ReleaseLockedStates() (Count=0) Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (POST:/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx)).

This is SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath 2010.  Let me know if you need additional information!

Thank you!

Jesse

• 09-16-2013 11:57 AM In reply to

Do you have a repeating table / section that has a filter on it?

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-16-2013 12:09 PM In reply to

No - thank you for your response.  The form is very simple.  It has a people picker field and a date field.  I have had similar issues in the past that did have filters (cascading dropdown controls).

Jesse

• 09-16-2013 12:42 PM In reply to

I'm really not sure what could be causing the issue - it isn't one I've run into before. If it were me, I'd try narrowing the issue down:

1. Narrow the issue down to user vs. machine - have users that are having failures try on a machine where other users have succeed - if the user succeeds on a different machine, it seems likely the issue is with some IE setting on the machine
    2. Narrow the issue down with a test form - create an even simpler form that has similar submit logic - does it also fail?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2013 01:53 PM In reply to

Thank you.  I worked with the user.  I believe I narrowed it down to the machine.  The user logged onto a different computer and submitted the form successfully.  I attempted to clear the cookies, but he still gets the error.  Any ideas on other IE options that could be causing issues?  It is IE 9.

Jesse

• 05-28-2014 06:59 AM In reply to

Have you found the solution to this problem? I am running across this issue as well. Regular form, no SQL database connections, no code behind.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.