create an edit form button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

create an edit form button

Last post 08-27-2013 07:12 AM by Theonus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2013 08:19 AM

create an edit form button

Hi. I have a form (customize sharepoint list form). Regular users can submit a new item using a custom submit button. Approvers can approve with another submit button. Through workflows I send the list items to a calendar. When opening the calendar item, I can select the ItemID and open the form in VIEW mode. Now to Edit I can select the "Edit Item" from the ribbon. This is the only time I need to use something from the ribbon. Is it possible to hide the ribbon completely, and edit the item with another custom button on the form? I want to prevent people using the "Save" button from the ribbon, as the submit button does a lot more then saving. (ie keeping track of an edit counter etc.) Thanx for thinking with me. grtz, Twan
  • 08-25-2013 03:03 PM In reply to

Re: create an edit form button

Looks like you can change the PageType parameter in the link to be 6 or 8 and it will open in Edit mode. There's probably more info out there on this. PageType=4 is view (i.e. read only). Not sure what the difference between PageType=6 and PageType=8 is. Maybe you can spend a few minutes searching and add to the elucidation.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-27-2013 07:12 AM In reply to

Re: create an edit form button

I know I have removed the ribbon from a few of my forms by simply editing the web part as shown here.

You can also use rules to switch views, so you can setup an image or a button on the Edit form and set a rule to switch the view to the New form on click.  Again this is something I use quite a lot to prevent the wrong people tampering with the data in the wrong views.

Ask not what your company SharePoint can do for you, but what you can do for your company SharePoint...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.