SharePoint 2010 lookup with additional fields and Info Path 2010: a solution - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint 2010 lookup with additional fields and Info Path 2010: a solution

Last post 09-07-2013 01:51 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2013 02:20 AM

SharePoint 2010 lookup with additional fields and Info Path 2010: a solution

I'm struggling to find the solution to this problem and I think part of the reason is finding the right wording to explain my problem so I'll try my best to explain what the problem is. I have a SharePoint list (List A) and on this List A I have a lookup column which looks up 'School Name' from List B. When creating the lookup column I have the option to display additional fields which I have done with 'Teacher Name.' In my List A this created a column for 'School Name' and an additional column which is titled 'School Name: Teacher Name.' What I then want to do is create and Info Path form that is able to use the information from the 'School Name: Teacher Name' (additional) lookup column. However, When connecting Info Path to List A there appears to be no way to have this an an option. Info Path will allow me to create a connection to 'School Name' but not the additional column. I hope this is clear? I'm relatively new to SharePoint and especially new to Info Path but I'm in desperate need of a solution.
  • 08-18-2013 04:09 PM In reply to

Re: SharePoint 2010 lookup with additional fields and Info Path 2010: a solution

Hi Kec00013 and welcome,

I'm guessing you are creating a list form. May I suggest creating a full-fledged InfoPath form library form? It will be less restricted.

It's probably that your issue is related to your list column being a lookup on a different list. If so, please try to add a separate column that is not a lookup. The other option would be to connect to both lists and use the ID from the lookup to filter the other list.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's because there's a limit on the list form that is causing this.

Just a guess though ... :)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 09-07-2013 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: SharePoint 2010 lookup with additional fields and Info Path 2010: a solution

I know exactly the problem you are having. I had trouble finding a straightforward solution as well as I was fairly new to SharePoint and InfoPath at the time too.

Here is my blog explaining the solution I used. I hope it is detailed enough to make sense!

http://amanda.brainspire.com/2013/09/how-to-pull-in-sharepoint-lookup.html

• 09-07-2013 01:51 PM In reply to

Thanks Amanda for the great answer and blog. :)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.