Deleting an item in another library after submission - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Deleting an item in another library after submission

Last post 08-12-2013 07:40 AM by Sandy_Wood. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2013 03:02 PM

Deleting an item in another library after submission

I've got an InfoPath form that when opened, allows our Help Desk to provision new users. On submit, we send the form to another library called "Completed Forms". Now we'd like to delete the original form preferably from a workflow in the "Completed Forms" library. I can't find a way to link the newly submitted form to it's original. We've named our forms using a formula concat(userName(), "-", now()) so each submission is unique. Does anyone have a way to link to the new forms original? 

• 08-10-2013 09:56 PM In reply to

Re: Deleting an item in another library after submission

Hi Sandy_Wood,

Well, you could promote the form's unique name and add a receive data connection to the original SharePoint library that queries by first setting the form's name and then querying. That will give you the ID of the form in the original library but maybe that's not going to help.

qRules has a DeleteFromSharePoint command that will remove the item. A SharePoint workflow should also suffice. You just have to have the link. If you save your form's name in the form then you can just prepend the original form library using concat("http://site/original_library/", <formname>) and promote that field. Then, the workflow can use it to delete the item. Or, so I think ....

Best of wuck

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-12-2013 07:40 AM In reply to

Re: Deleting an item in another library after submission

Thanks for the note back Patrick. I finally settled on changing my form to submit back to the original library. I created a field called IsSubmitted and then changed the value on that during the Submit. Then a simple workflow moved anything with the particular IsSubmitted value. Seems to work well for me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.