Creating a form that will send an email to a new network user - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Creating a form that will send an email to a new network user

Last post 08-12-2013 07:47 AM by Sandy_Wood. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2013 03:58 PM

Creating a form that will send an email to a new network user

We're fine-tuning a form to use with SharePoint 2010 to automate our new user creation process. When new users are added to our network, we want to be able to send them an email with a link to an InfoPath form that we'd normally do with a SharePoint Designer Workflow. Since the user is new, can't pull his information from the GetUserProfileByName web service in SharePoint. I'd like our Help Desk to be able to manually fill in the new user's email address, after they create his email account and then be able to send an email to that account. Then, when the new user opens their email, they'll see our welcome message with a link to click on opening our web form for them to submit. I can't figure out how we're going to do this one.

• 08-11-2013 01:09 PM In reply to

Re: Creating a form that will send an email to a new network user

So, you have a field with new user's email account. You'll also want a status field which you set to Submitted when you want to kick off the email.

Promote both of these fields - File -> Form Options -> Promoted Properties.

Republish your form to SharePoint.

Now, create a reusable workflow that emails a notification when the form's status is equal "Submitted" (condition). You can get the new user's email from the Current Item's properties because like the status it's promoted.

Piece of cake before breakfast...

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-12-2013 07:47 AM In reply to

Re: Creating a form that will send an email to a new network user

Thanks for the answer Patrick. After fiddling with this for a day or so, I settled on adding the email field and then promoting it to SharePoint. Then I created a new library based on the template of my original library (just discovered how to save a library to a template and use that to create a new library. I feel so smart.). Now I have a workflow that moves submitted forms to this new library which kicks off it's own workflow that sends an email to the Help Desk specified email address. My solution is not as elegant as yours however it does work for me.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.