fit entire form on width of page to print - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

fit entire form on width of page to print

Last post 04-30-2019 08:33 AM by cptfellow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2013 11:46 AM

fit entire form on width of page to print

Hello all, Need your assistance again. I have created a web form that is 1120 px wide. I know its wide but fits my needs. I would like to have the user be able to print the form and scale it so the forms width fits automatically in the printed page, also in Landscape. This is a browser IP2010 from that is accessed form our SP2010 site. Is there anyway that I can set this so the users don't have to do any configuration changes every time. I just can't figure out how to do it. Thanks again. Look forward to your input. brunettej
    Filed under: , , ,
  • 07-27-2013 04:45 PM In reply to

Re: fit entire form on width of page to print

Hi BrunetteJ,

You could create a separate print view that has a smaller width (or larger for landscape) and provide separate buttons to switch to each view and then print.

Unfortunately, InfoPath doesn't allow you to auto-scale a view when printing. That would be a very complex operation.

:)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 04-30-2019 08:33 AM In reply to

Re: fit entire form on width of page to print

Hi there,

following up on a thread back from 2013. I'm having the same(~ish) issue as BrunetteJ had - upon "Publishing as PDF", my forms come out clipped on the right.

I have already narrowed my form down to 650px width, but it seems the "publish to PDF" function did not notice that - the PDFs come out clipped in exactly the same place. So far the only workaround I found was to edit the page settings, reduce the left margin to 0,5 cm and QuickPrint the document to PDF. 

What am I doing wrong? I'm using IP2013 on Windows 10.

Best regards

Maciek

Best regards
    Maciek
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.