Form contents "shifting" when control value changes - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form contents "shifting" when control value changes

Last post 07-14-2013 03:05 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2013 02:40 PM

Form contents "shifting" when control value changes

I have a browser-based InfoPath 2010 form connected to a SharePoint library, and for some reason whenever the value of a control changes the entire form appears to "shift".  Not sure how best to describe it, but basically the entire form appears to move up-and-down, then returns to normal.  For example, if a user selects an option from a multiple-selection list box, every field on the form appears to shift up or down, then return to it's original place. I think what may be happening is the hidden fields will be revealed for a brief second and then quickly hidden again?  But I'm not sure.  Has anyone experienced something similar?  Any suggested resolutions?

• 07-09-2013 05:07 PM In reply to

Re: Form contents "shifting" when control value changes

No, this is probably an artifact of a bug in the browser. It's just straight HTML. What are you using for your browser?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 07-09-2013 05:56 PM In reply to

Interesting. I've been using Internet Explorer 9 and that is where it is worst.  I checked it on Firefox 22.0 and, while it's much better than on IE, I still experience some of the issues.  Strangely enough, it seems to be working just fine on Google Chrome.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

• 07-14-2013 03:05 PM In reply to

Microsoft targeted IE7, Firefox and Chrome when they were developing InfoPath Form Services. No wonder those work better. I don't think those have changed as much recently.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.