Form Load Rule to Switch Views Based On Option Button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form Load Rule to Switch Views Based On Option Button

Last post 07-03-2013 07:34 AM by Sandy_Wood. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2013 03:46 PM

Form Load Rule to Switch Views Based On Option Button

I've created a Form Load Rule in InfoPath 2013 to Switch to another view base on an Option Button being clicked and equaling 1. When I view the main form in Preview, and click the Option Button, nothing happens. Do I need to publish the form first check if it works?

• 07-01-2013 08:39 PM In reply to

Re: Form Load Rule to Switch Views Based On Option Button

Hi - form load rules fire when the form has completely loaded. So setting your option button after the form loaded will no longer run those rules. If you want to test your form in preview, you can add a form load rule just before the 'Switch view' rule, to set your option button's value to 1.

Before you publish, make sure to remove (or disable) that test rule. Now when the form's published and you already have some forms submitted, you'll see that when you open the forms whose option button's value = 1, your switch view rule should work.

Hope that makes sense - let me know if you need more assistance.

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-02-2013 07:46 AM In reply to

Thanks Mel. I'm thinking my strategy of setting an option button at form load is not the way I should go. I really want to load a new form when an option button is selected but it doesn't appear that this is possible without custom coding. I see I could use a standard button, that allows me to open a new form, but I don't like the look of it in my form. I've got 5 choices for a user and using option buttons is my best option now. I suppose I could let a user select one of the options and then put a button on the same page to open the new form but that's one more step that I've love to avoid.

• 07-02-2013 07:55 AM In reply to

How about using a picture button instead? The picture would be exactly the same as the option button - I attached a sample image. I'll reply again with an image of a selected option button. This way you can trick your users into thinking they're still clicking on an option button. =)
    Mel Clemente
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-02-2013 07:57 AM In reply to

Here's that selected image. You'd want to conditionally hide the picture buttons when they're selected vs. not.

Hope it helps!

Mel Clemente

• 07-03-2013 07:34 AM In reply to

Now that's creative! I hadn't thought about that. So for example, say I attach a rule to a picture button that loads a new view. The user will never really see the selected button, will they?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.