Digital signature problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Digital signature problem

Last post 05-29-2013 08:13 AM by michaelwoosley. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2013 08:31 AM

Digital signature problem

Hello everyone.  I have a InfoPath 2007 form I designed which works great... but with one significant perplexing problem.  I have several sections on the form; Sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 with each one having digital signatures assigned.  I have a case manager signing Section 1 and it does exactly what I want it to do; locks it up and indicates via a visual section who signed it.  Each of the 3 remaining sections have an employee who will verify and sign.  The problem is that when the Case manager signs Section 1, it secures Section 2 and Section 4 (locking all the fields) and leaves Section 3 unlocked (by design). 

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why the act of signing in Section 1 is locking up these other 2 sections.  In the Case managers section, the "sign the following data in the form when this section is signed:" prompt is set for this person and the "fields and groups to be signed" is set to this section only; NOT the other 2. 

I don't know what else to do, but I certainly hope that there is something I'm overlooking since I truly need this ability.  It does not make any sense why 1 section is left alone and the other two are locked by the action of Section 1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Mike

• 05-27-2013 06:29 PM In reply to

Re: Digital signature problem

Hi michaelwoosley,

When setting up the digital signature, which of these options did you select?

• Allow only one signature (To allow only one signature for this part of the form template)
  • All the signatures are independent (co-sign). (To allow multiple signatures that are independent of each other, and that can be added or removed without affecting the other signatures)
  • Each signature signs the preceding signatures (counter-sign). (To allow multiple signatures that sign preceding signatures)
  • Try selecting Allow only one signature for each section and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 05-28-2013 10:22 AM In reply to

Jo-Anne, I had already tried your tip but for the sake of making sure, I re-verified.  For whatever reason, one signature is locking two others and I cannot figure out why.  If allowed, I could upload the file to see if you could see something wrong and to verify my predicament.

Thanks

Best regards,

Mike

• 05-28-2013 06:52 PM In reply to

Hi michaelwoosley,

If you can upload your template, I can take a look.

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 05-29-2013 08:13 AM In reply to

Thanks Jo-Anne... the file is attached.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.