Populate a dropdown listbox with data from an SQL Database - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate a dropdown listbox with data from an SQL Database

Last post 05-27-2013 06:36 PM by Jo-Anne Alfafara. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2013 12:15 PM

• akile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2013
    • Posts 4

Populate a dropdown listbox with data from an SQL Database

I have a form that is to be filled out on Sharepoint. When the form is finished, the inspectors are to select their name from a dropdown list and then a text box will populate with their electronic signature. I am using Sharepoint 2007 and Infopath 2010 and creating a 2007 form. I have tested the form without the data connection and it opens fine, but as soon as I add a connection, it gives me an error "An error occurred accessing a data source." I have done everything I know to do and it doesn't work. I've converted the connection and tested and not converted the connection and tested it. Can anyone give me the steps to create my listbox and populate it with the data from my SQL database so it will work on Sharepoint?
  • 05-21-2013 06:48 PM In reply to

Re: Populate a dropdown listbox with data from an SQL Database

Hi akile,

Welcome to the forums. When you said you've converted the data connections, did you convert it to a UDCX file? Have you approved that UDCX in your SharePoint's data connection library?

Thanks,

Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 05-22-2013 06:13 AM In reply to

• akile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2013
    • Posts 4

Yes. I go through and convert to ucdx and approve it on sharepoint, but when I open my form, it still gives me issues. I know it is this data connection because when I remove it, my form opens fine.
  • 05-27-2013 06:36 PM In reply to

Hi akile,

I wonder - if you test the form in preview mode, do you get the same error? If you're getting the same error, I'd suggest checking that you have enough SQL permissions.

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.