how can i set workflow up to send another email if formstate hasnt changed after 7 days? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

how can i set workflow up to send another email if formstate hasnt changed after 7 days?

Last post 05-13-2013 07:44 AM by luke20. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2013 01:25 AM

how can i set workflow up to send another email if formstate hasnt changed after 7 days?

I have a form which when form state = awaiting employee, the employee recieves an email and needs to open form to confirm, but employees arent doing this so i need to add some workflow in that says if formstate still = awaiting employee after 7 days of the first email being sent, send a reminder email, then another reminder email after 14 days but i cant find a way this can be done?

if i do something like

formstate = awaiting employee

send email

add 7 days to created

pause untill this time

send another email

but the problem with this is that if i say pause workflow, and the employee does confirm on the form & formstate changes, the workflow is still paused

• 05-03-2013 01:52 PM In reply to

• Den12
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-15-2013
    • Posts 57

Re: how can i set workflow up to send another email if formstate hasnt changed after 7 days?

If your e-mail could somehow be tied to a task (an action item assigned and the e-mail is notification of such task), then you can use "Overdue repeat" in the Approval step (Advanced properties in the menu, when the step is selected). By default it is set to weekly. You can also specify "OverdueRepeatTimes" (by default =-1). You can also specify what to happen, if the original due date (on the task) expires, when the item is deleted, changed, etc.

Note: Sharepoint Designer workflow, 2010.

• 05-13-2013 07:44 AM In reply to

Re: how can i set workflow up to send another email if formstate hasnt changed after 7 days?

Hi thanks for this. I found a solution a few weeks ago and that was to add another seperate workflow to the document library that starts when a form is created and straight away pauses for 7 days.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.