Lookup Data in External List - Keep compatibility offline - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Lookup Data in External List - Keep compatibility offline

Last post 02-26-2013 08:56 AM by jbrandenburg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2013 10:09 AM

Lookup Data in External List - Keep compatibility offline

Hi- I am using SharePoint 2010/InfoPath 2010 I have brought in data via BCS from a SQL DB. I would like to create a form for another list in SharePoint that looks up data on this list while maintaining offline use in SharePoint Workspaces. I have tried creating the list as a data source, and setting the choices to be the fields I need, which works, but as soon as I bring it offline, the form stops working because it cannot retrieve the data directly from the source. I would like to make the look up values behave the same way regular list lookups work (they are functional offline) if I sync all lists with workspaces. Has anyone tried to do this or know how to make this work correctly? Thank you in advance for any assistance, Jesse
  • 01-29-2013 03:20 PM In reply to

Re: Lookup Data in External List - Keep compatibility offline

Hi Jesse and welcome,

SharePoint Workspace doesn't officially support InfoPath because of these data connections.

We have built solutions for connecting to SQL and synchronizing offline - take a look at Qdabra's DBXL Client product. It's inexpensive and works well for your specific scenario when coupled with DBXL Server, but it might be overkill for your scenario.

If they have the form already and are simply taking the form offline to fill out, you could copy the SQL values into the form and then have two controls - one for offline and one for online. This won't work for new forms. We have solutions for this too.

Please let me know if you'd like to see either of these solutions and we can arrange a demo.

Sorry I didn't have a super easy silver bullet for you.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-07-2013 07:13 AM In reply to

Hi Patrick- Thank you for your response. I think I am going to look into a custom timer job to copy the sql values into my SharePoint list nightly. Jesse
  • 02-26-2013 08:56 AM In reply to

Resolved: I am utilizing SSIS to transfer my data into a SharePoint list. This keeps the functionality offline available. Thanks! Jesse
    Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.