A button to give permissions over the file itself - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

A button to give permissions over the file itself

Last post 01-18-2013 03:12 PM by royharoush. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2013 04:49 PM

A button to give permissions over the file itself

hi Guys and Girls, I would like to make a button that give permissions to a pre-defined group in Active directory, on the file itself, the workflow is as followed: 1. Person A goes into the form library, creates a new form and submits it. 2. he will then click on the button which will grant permissions to the pre-defined group 3. **optional** - to have another button that will grant permission to a user which is entered from the list of users on sharepoint any help is appreciated ! Thanks ! Roy
  • 01-17-2013 06:42 PM In reply to

Re: A button to give permissions over the file itself

Hi, If you have Sharepoitn 2010 you can do it like that without code:

you add a field on your form and bind it on the library (category), set it to some value (step2)when you click on your button (your step 2). You can create a Sharepoint designer WF that will be launch when the field (category) is set to your value (step 2) to grant permission on your document, you can use an impersonnation step to do that and you can set the security that you need:

http://www.learningsharepoint.com/2010/07/31/impersonation-in-sharepoint-designer-2010-workflow/

• 01-17-2013 06:55 PM In reply to

Hi Potekmkine, Thank you for your feedback. I a little bit confused as to how to achive some of the things you mentioned. In my the form i created i will add a field which is bound to my librar(how do i do that ?), how do i make the button start a workflow ? your help is highly appreciated d ! : ) Roy
  • 01-17-2013 07:22 PM In reply to

Hi, when you publish your form on content type or library, you have the possibility to add some field(Category for example).

The idea is not to configure your button to start a workflow but to set a field  to a defined value (when you click  on the button add a rule to set category field to "start workflow" for example). On Sharepoint designer, you can create a Workflow that will be launch on each modification on your item.You can add a condition on the beginning of your WF that check if the field category is = to "start workflow", if it s true you add an impersonnate step and you  configure the security that you need.

I hope it s clear.

• 01-18-2013 03:12 PM In reply to

Hi Potemkine,

I'm sorry:) i just dont understand what is the course of action here.

any chance we can take this offline (skype\messenger) so you can elaborate more ?

that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks !

Roy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.