SubmitToSharepointList with attachment - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SubmitToSharepointList with attachment

Last post 01-16-2013 11:34 PM by Mel Clemente. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2013 04:40 PM

SubmitToSharepointList with attachment

Hi there.

I'm using qRules 4.3 and trying to get a form setup for users to be able to interact with an 'Issue Tracker' list, in the hopes of being able to setup a basic help desk.

I have been able to get the form to write to the list no problem, however I also want to provide the ability to add an attachment, such as a screenshot, and have it come across.

When I specify the /dsname attribute and submit, I receive the following error. It appears as though it's saying that the data connection doesn't exist, even though it does. If I don't specify this attribute, the form will submit to the library and populate the list just fine.

Action: SubmitToSharePointList. Arguments: submit: WriteList mapping: TrackListMap4 dsname: AddAttach . Details: An item with the following index does not exist in the collection: AddAttach. Stack: at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.DataObjects.get_Item(Object varIndex) at Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.DataObjectsCollectionWrapper.get_Item(Object varIndex) at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.DataSourcesHost.get_Item(String name) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SetQueryFields(String dsname, String guid, String id, String attName, Byte[] file) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.AttachToSharePointList_Client(String dsname, String url, String guid, String id, XPathNodeIterator attachmentNodes, String name, String namexpath, String nameFormat) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.AttachToSharePointList_Client(String dsname, String url, String guid, String id, String xpath, String name, String namexpath, String nameFormat) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.AddAttachments(String listGuid, String id, String dsname, String xpath, Uri submitUri, String name, String namexpath, String nameFormat) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList_Client(String submitDs, XPathNavigator mappingNode, String id, String attchDsname, String attchXpath, String attchName, String attchNameXPath, String attchNameFormat) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList() at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.RunCommand(String commandName) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand()

I have attached my mapping and form template.

What am I don't wrong?

Cheers,
    Tom
  • 01-16-2013 11:15 PM In reply to

Re: SubmitToSharepointList with attachment

I looked at your form's data connection and noticed that the AddAttach ShP list web service data connection is set to "submit data". It should be "receive" instead. Give it a try and post back if it still doesn't work. This step-by-step walkthrough should be able to help as well.
    Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-16-2013 11:33 PM In reply to

Thanks so much Mel - that worked a treat!
  • 01-16-2013 11:34 PM In reply to

Glad to help! :)
    Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.