how to open existing IP from an ASP page using query parameters? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

how to open existing IP from an ASP page using query parameters?

Last post 01-22-2013 12:41 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2013 03:17 PM

how to open existing IP from an ASP page using query parameters?

I am using multiple ASP pages with the IP web part.  Each ASP will display a specific IP view

• dashSupervisor.aspx  --> the IP web part is pointing to the vwSupervisor
    • dashManager.aspx    --> the IP web part is pointing to the vwManager

Question. I have several IP records, and would like to open the existing IP using the ASP page query parameters.  For instance,

http://mysp/dashSupervisor.aspx?recID=1234.xml   will take the 1234.xml and call the InfoPath FormServer with the XMLLocation=1234.xml and the DefaultView=vwSupervisor

I can get the filter query param, but I dont know how to call the IP from the ASP page. I've used this MSDN article for ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms772417.aspx

My environment:  SP2010, IP2010, QRules 4.3. Browser only.  Admin approved forms.

thanks,

• 01-21-2013 03:42 PM In reply to

Re: how to open existing IP from an ASP page using query parameters?

Are you wanting the InfoPath browser form to open in a new window? Inside a web part in your current page? Other?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-21-2013 06:34 PM In reply to

Hi Hillary, yes I'm using the InfoPath Web Part.  Basically, the customer does not want to show the IP menu nor the SharePoint menu.  The interface is quite simple, a repeating grid with the record on the first column, a couple of columns in between with metadata and an action column.  This "action" column have 3 buttons (Display, Edit, Print).  These buttons are "wired" on the IP code.

I have the url's that will do all 3.  When I try calling the code from .NET it does not work.  For instance, if I Preview it on the client, it works fine.  Once, it is deployed and activated, the buttons do not work.  When I click them, there is a little hesitation and then it just do nothing.

the code that I'm using to launch the IE is:

System.Diagnostics.Process proc = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
    proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
    proc.StartInfo.FileName = fldURL.Value;
    proc.Start();

where fldURL is an xpathNavigator with the value:  http://server/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XMLLocation=abc.xml&OpenIn=Browser, and it is supposed to open the abc.xml file.

If I take this URL and put it on a hyperlink, it launches correctly.  I just can't figure out how to launch this from the click event.  Or if there is a better way to accomplish this.

thanks

• 01-22-2013 12:41 PM In reply to

I think you just need to use hyperlinks instead of buttons. I'm guessing that Process.Start is opening the URL on the server when executed from your browser form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.