Problem with "User Role" - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problem with "User Role"

Last post 06-21-2006 09:48 AM by Kalyan Gaddam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2006 12:09 AM

Problem with "User Role"

I have in my form to fields: "Field1" and "Field2"
    I have 2 user that access this form: one of the user can change only value of "Field1" and the seconde user can change only value of "Field2".

I did this operation:
    1) I defined 2 User Roles: "User1" and in it's User Name property I select the the user name (as it in the Active directory). The second User Role is "User2" (contain the user name of the second user). The "User1" is set for default!

2) In the "Field1" property I go to "Display" tag -> Conditional Formatting ->Add -> the condition: If User's current role - Is not equal to - "User1" - then Read-Only.

In the "Field2" property I go to "Display" tag -> Conditional Formatting ->Add -> the condition: If User's current role - Is not equal to - "User2" - then Read-Only.

The problem is: When user 2 open a form "Field1" is open for write and "Field2" is read only!!! and not the oposite!!!!!
    (the same as if user 1 open it).

If I set "User2" role to be default so I get the same problem but for user 1 ("Field2" is open for write and "Field1" is read only)

I want to know Why it's work like this? how to make the form to change the current role according to the user that open the form??

• 06-21-2006 04:13 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Re: Problem with "User Role"

Hi,

Form is opened with default user role when you are logged in with any log in Credentials.
    You set the User1 as default and set the Conditional formatting for Field1 is
    If User's current role - Is not equal to - "User1" - then Read-Only.
    Because only this Condition works correctly.
    When you are set the User2 as Default then Field2 Condition works Correctly.

Thanks
    Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
  • 06-21-2006 05:22 AM In reply to

O.K!

But what should I do that the form will recognize the user and Turn spesific Fields to Read Only???

How to do it??
  • 06-21-2006 05:24 AM In reply to

In other words: How to control which "User Role" to operate on the OnLaod of the form (according to the user that loged in)
  • 06-21-2006 09:48 AM In reply to

Hello

Do you have different views for the two different user Roles?
    I think User Roles work in better when there are different views for different user roles.
    Kalyan G Reddy
    Infopath MVP 2007 and 2008
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.