Prohibit\Eliminate blank lines in repeating tables In IP2010 Web Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Prohibit\Eliminate blank lines in repeating tables In IP2010 Web Form

Last post 11-08-2013 07:05 PM by angieong. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2012 01:44 PM

• ncjks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-08-2006
    • Posts 14

Prohibit\Eliminate blank lines in repeating tables In IP2010 Web Form

I have a repeating table with three columns where user can add references to technical drawings by name, number and version. I let users add rows as needed to create a list of items for as many drawings as they need to reference. We want to prohibit the user from adding a row when there's already a row that's blank above it. That way we won't send a form downstream that's got blank rows in it. Likewise, with an attachment control in a repeating section; I'd like to prohibit the user from adding another file attachment control if the one above it has not been used to attach a file.
  • 12-18-2012 03:00 AM In reply to

Re: Prohibit\Eliminate blank lines in repeating tables In IP2010 Web Form

Currently, there isn't a non-code way to exert control over how users add and remove rows to repeating sections.

One non-code technique you could use is to prevent the form from being submitted if it has blank rows, and display a message telling the user to delete or fill in any blank rows in the form.

Otherwise, to actually prevent adding more than one blank row, you could add your own Add Row button that uses qRules' Insert command to add rows, and disable it if the table already has a blank row.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 01-22-2013 11:31 AM In reply to

A non-code solution MIGHT be to remove the initial blank row from your repeating table.  I use this technique: http://alecpojidaev.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/how-to-remove-initial-row-in-repeating-tables/

Then you could put a rule on your form to use the COUNT(myGroup) of your repeating table.  if the count >0 then you can enable your submit.

• 11-08-2013 07:05 PM In reply to

Hi, can you guide me step by step on your suggestion? Currently my repeating attachment I have do validation to count if attachment = 0 - count(../my:group6/my:EmailAcknowledgement/my:Attachment)=0 However, how to ignore the validation for empty attachment? if user didn't add attachment, the system should not validate the empty attachment. Please help! i have been searching the solution for 1 week but I still cannot get what I want. Thank you.
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.