Security problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Security problem

Last post 06-13-2006 07:21 AM by Abhishek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2006 12:26 AM

Security problem

I have for that contain Data Connection to a Web Service.

When I publish the form as it is and open it I get error of "Access denied" (to the web service).
    It's work only if I give the form Full Trust Security level (operation that force me to make MSI file of the form or to sign it with certificate)

Why it's happen? can I avoid Full Trust Security???
  • 06-12-2006 01:00 AM In reply to

When you call a webservice, you are making a network call. As a result cross domain rules come into effect to prevent data being sent to an undesirable location. Template using domain security level restricts access to InfoPath webservice adapters and certain COM objects such as XMLHTTP object.

A fully trusted form can access cross domain data

For more details on this please refer the chapters Webservices and Security in the book "Developing Solutions with Microsoft Infopath" by Patrick Halstead
    Kalyan G Reddy
    Infopath MVP 2007 and 2008
  • 06-13-2006 12:54 AM In reply to

O.k! I understand that I need to give form "Full Trust" security level. Is that true that I because this "Full Trust" level I will need to install the form ON EACH machin in the costumer's organization???

I want to avoid this operation. I want to put the form's template (.xsn) only on the main server.

What should I do?
  • 06-13-2006 01:55 AM In reply to

Hello

You can ask them to digitally sign the form using Code signing certificates
    Kalyan G Reddy
    Infopath MVP 2007 and 2008
  • 06-13-2006 07:21 AM In reply to

Hi Liorlankri,
    Check out this link.It will be help ful.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ipsdk/html/ipsdkSignedFormTemplate_HV01120501.asp

regards,
    Abhishek
    L&T INFOTECH
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.