Need guidance - Multiple InfoPath forms but one single storage place to store the data - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Need guidance - Multiple InfoPath forms but one single storage place to store the data

Last post 11-19-2012 09:37 AM by Anson Hidajat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2012 12:49 PM

Need guidance - Multiple InfoPath forms but one single storage place to store the data

Hi,

I need some guidance to select best appoach to implement the current requirement in my office of collecting skills data for different Service Areas,

Requirement is as below

Keeping User experience very simple.

1. Need to collect SKills Data from different Knowledge Communities that is Service lines. Create 6 different forms for 6 Kcs.

2. There will be some skills shared across KCs like some Skills will be common in some forms.

3. Need to pull this data to create views on SharePoint site based on Skills Main Categories and Sub categories.

4. Creating Views based on Common/Shared skills from different KCs.

I will really apprciate if some one can guide me to chose the storage place for data for this requirement.

I am thinking of using InfoPath for creating forms but I am not able to decide the storage, shall it be SQL server or SharePoint 2010 List.

What will best suit the requirement considering keeping User experience simple and having quick response time while fetching the data back in to the views.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Madhura

• 11-19-2012 09:37 AM In reply to

Re: Need guidance - Multiple InfoPath forms but one single storage place to store the data

SharePoint lists are great because they are easy to set up and pull in data into the InfoPath form.  This is all available to you out of the box and is relatively simple to implement as well.  For each dropdown or list you need to import as choices into your form, you will need to create a SP list for.

If you require many records (eg. 1000+), you might consider SQL since it will scale much better than SharePoint will.  If that is the case, then you should consider looking into DBXL as a tool to help you manage your InfoPath forms in SQL.  Visit qdabra.com for more details and to download a trial if you are interested.  Good luck!

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.