Retrieving data from multiple fields with same value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Retrieving data from multiple fields with same value

Last post 12-29-2012 10:25 PM by Mel Clemente. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2012 12:30 PM

• mxdems28
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-13-2011
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 8

Retrieving data from multiple fields with same value

I have built a form based on the database template and hope want to pull records based on two mutually exclusive fields.  Basically I have a table that has a username and a contactname field which contain an employee identifier.  In theory if the username field has a value then the contactname should be blank and vice-versa.  In certain records both the username and contactname have the same value and others have different values other than null.  I want to be able to query both the username and contactname fields simultaneously so that if either field contains the value I have queried the record will be returned.  Is there a way to do this with filters or rules?  In development I am using an Access 2010 database but hope to migrate the data to SQL2008.

If I split the database into two tables and define a relationship between the username field and the contact name will this accomplish my goal?

• 12-29-2012 10:25 PM In reply to

Re: Retrieving data from multiple fields with same value

If you're considering using web services for your solution, you can check out Qdabra's QueryDB web method. You can use simple and complex filters for your queries. In your example, you'll be returning items with username=John OR contactname=Smith. You can even use "contains". The included Query Builder allows you to build your filtered queries very easily. Check out the free trial from our website to find out if it suits your needs.
    Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.